The Islander guarantee
The materials and craftsmanship that goes into each Islander kayak are second to none. That is why we are confident to back our products with a three year warranty. Of course, from time to time issues can arise and our customer service and sales departments are efficient in dealing with claims, repairs or replacement of parts. For your records we suggest you keep a copy alongside your original receipt of purchase.
Islander Kayaks limited warranty
Islander Kayaks by Palm Equipment International ltd (Palm) warrants in favour only of the original retail purchaser (‘Consumer’) that the hull, deck, outfitting, parts and accessories of Islander Kayaks products shall for thirty-six (36) months from the date of consumer purchase (and subject to the exceptions set out below):
- Conform in all material respects with their description and any applicable specification
- Be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship
- Be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979)
If the Consumer gives notice in writing to the Seller within a reasonable time of discovery that some or all of the goods do not comply with the warranty set out above and the Seller (or its authorised distributor) has been given a reasonable opportunity of examining the goods, and the goods have been sent to Palm or their authorised distributors (carriage/freight prepaid) then the Seller will at its option repair or replace the defective goods (or defective part) or refund the retail price of the defective goods in full.
If sending the product to Palm or their authorised distributors the Consumer must enclose the original invoice/receipt number, boat number, date of purchase, the receipt for the return carriage/freight cost, the Consumer’s name, address and telephone number.
The Seller shall not be liable for goods’ failure to comply with any of the above warranties if:
- The Consumer makes any further use of such goods after giving notice to the Seller of non-compliance with the warranty.
- The defect arises because the Consumer failed to follow the Seller’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the goods.
- The Consumer alters or repairs such goods without the written consent of the Seller.
- The defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, willful damage, accident, negligence, extreme weather or environmental conditions, abnormal storage or working conditions.
- Damage occurs while in possession of a freight carrier, a dealer, Consumer, or any party other than Islander Kayaks.
- The kayak is designated as a prototype, or has been sold as a ‘demo’ or ‘as is’ condition.
For Islander Kayaks sold for professional or commercial use the Seller provides a limited warranty of twelve (12) months.
Except as set out in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
Warranty and repair work: please allow up to 21 working days; in some cases this may be extended.